Saturday, November 27, 2010

HELL´S HUNDRED ACRES

I left Edith a note on the counter by the kitchen; this I wrote,

Hey beautiful, see you in the afternoon, still settling some things at the place in Chelsea. A.B.

Monday again, damn, December 22nd already. Time flies and I feel like I´ve done so little. We were still working to enable the Chelsea loft, looking good , so far. By mid January it would be fully functional, oh yeah. But what I was probably dying to tell Edith was about my encounter last night; it seemed very much like putting the pieces of a puzzle together. Caroline had been ´stuck´in that building for ages.

I did a little research using my "modern machines" and this caught my attention, "Hell´s Hundred Acres", a vulgar term they used in the past for this neighborhood for the constant fire accidents caused in the factories, especially the one I lived in. Because this particular one was sturdy enough the damages to the property were minimal, but many people perished in a fire back in the 1950s, which leads me to believe that was one of the main reasons why ghosts would be around here. Still, solving this was not gonna be easy, it would be homework, I suppose.

On the other hand, tomorrow I still had to do some packing for my journey home, so I spent most of my morning making sure both of my lofts were properly taken care of while we were away. The landlord, Ben was a swell guy, actually he was the one who gave me the helpful information about the history of these buildings.

Oh, but tomorrow would indeed be a night to remember because it was Droogie´s big pre Christmas bash. All of a sudden I was supposed to feel more important, I even had fans from the underworld. For sure I never expected to have received so much when I got this place in good old Mercer Street, I guess you could call it a present from above.

(continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment