Saturday, November 6, 2010

WE'RE ALL RABBITS HERE


"Here , here," announced the March Hare pursing his snout and knocking a tablespoon against a very fine teacup. He got up from the table and continued, "I propose that today we all become rabbits!"

Alice was indeed confused this time for she actually came looking for that swift, uncanny cottontail since she was hungry for answers. And slowly one by one all of the guests in the party revealed their faces and looked all the same. They all vigorously shouted, "I AM THE RABBIT!"

"NO, NO, NO, NO!" cried Alice as she hit the dinner table. "Would you please all make up your minds and tell me who are you..."

But the Dormouse whispered to the blonde little girl, "I am the rabbit, dear."

And the she answered, "That's nonsense. Everyone knows you are tiny mouse, why, rabbits don't have long tails!"

"Exactly! I am the rabbit."

The ever so whimsical Mad Hatter had the word, "Why, I am the Rabbit of course dear! Can't you see my big dumb floppy ears?"

Alice was beginning to grow annoyed, "Pardon me sir, but I can hardly see your ears because they're covered by your enormous fancy hat."

"And that's exactly the point! My ears are so giganti-normous that won't let me see where I'm going thus I have to hide them."

"Oh, then would you kindly remove your hat?"

"WHAT?!!! THAT'S RATHER RUDE, DON'T YOU AGREE?"

"...very, very rude indeed," answered the Dormouse with a very weary voice.

"IMPOSTORS! You fools, I AM the rabbit," shouted the March Hare.

"Sir..." interrupted Alice.

"YEESSS?"

"You may look like a rabbit, but you're not him. You see he's white and stubby, he wears glasses and carries a pocket watch.
"
"A what, you say?" replied The March Hare.

"I said WATCH!" answered Alice as she got up from the table.

"WATCH! Now see here, watch YOUR temper little girl..." said the Hare furiously.

"But I only asked a simple question..."

"And that is?" now asked the Mad Hatter.

"Who is the White Rabbit?"

"We are the rabbit, of course!!!" they all said unanimously.

"This is the stupidest tea party ever; why I'd rather talk to a wall and it would understand much better!"

And that was my dream last night. I mean, how deranged can you possibly get now that you start seeing the one thing everybody else thinks is the craziest tale like Alice In Wonderland.

"Edith!" I shouted.

WHAT, SWEETIE?

"Is it normal for someone to have visions all the time?" I asked. I toiled away in my studio...did I even ever bother to describe the place? Oh yes, I did but back then I was sort of tidying up. Anyway; I could clearly see a fine white layer gathering around the edges of my windows. Yes, it was snowing alright. And your humble narrator was all curled up trying to keep my rabbit warm under my coat.

NOT REALLY, BUT LIKE I SAID YOU'RE DEFINITELY DEVELOPING ANXIETY, LIKE, IS SOMETHING BOTHERING YOU?

"Sure, this! and many other things."

NO, BUT I MEAN LIKE OVERSTRESSING YOURSELF.

"Mmmm, yeah, probably, so that means?"

DREAMS ARE A WAY THAT THE BODY DEALS WITH PAINFUL SITUATIONS WE FACE EVERYDAY SO THAT THEY WON'T AFFECT US GREATLY.

"I know that, but then there are different kinds of dreams like visions; those are the ones that I'm afraid of.

WOULD IT HELP IF WE TALK ABOUT OTHER THINGS SO THAT YOU CAN BE MORE CALM? LIKE, FOR EXAMPLE, DECEMBER?

Ok, I could clearly sense that she was fed up of this subject and it makes sense. But I haven't grown tired of it, I could go all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment