Sunday, November 21, 2010

ITCHY BITCHY SPIDER

Ok, so now it was Edith´s turn to tell me her wild stories. After she finished her school business she was ready to enjoy the rest the winter holiday. Apparently they approved her thesis which was great in a way and she would get it into next semester, and she was continuing her practices in NYU. I haven´t been there in a long time, she keeps telling it has grown at a very obscene rate it has raised several eyebrows. I don´t really mind not standing in the way of progress but apparently some actually care about conserving the image of their neighborhood. The same thing goes for SoHo; one day it´s the happening place for visionaries, hippies and dreamers and the next day you wind up with another big shot designer wanting to expand his territory.

Anyway, the girl told me she´s still trying to overcome her childhood fears. I didn´t mean to push any buttons or anything of the sort but just this morning she told me without me even asking,

"Sometimes it´s tough to analyze your own dreams, that´s why I asked for your opinion, sweetie, what are you doing?" she began.

"Isn´t it obvious, I can´t be too long without painting something. But I´ll just prepare this canvas, so tell me."

"I´ve been dreaming about tarantulas lately. I´m not really afraid of them, but in my dreams they´re always stronger than me."

"Ok..." I said as I was wiping the stains of my hands.

"Yes. You see, it starts off like this. I see the tarantula which is usually a small pink toe and they have a black body. However, they jump to my leg and bite me with their tiny claws. They paralyze me and I attempt to remove them but I just can seem to. Sometimes they´re small, other times they´re gigantic."

"Are you actually suggesting that what I think about the literal meaning or of other meanings?"

She shrugged her shoulders as she walked from side, "Well, I don´t know. It´s supposed to stand for my dark side."

A tiny laughter escaped from me, I couldn´t help it, "Wait, your dark side is a tarantula?"

ADRIAN, OF COURSE NOT. THERE HAS TO BE MORE TO IT.

"Don´t suffer too much, girl. I´m aware of it however I don´t think you have split personality. You´re actually a very smart woman."

REALLY, DO YOU THINK SO?

"I KNOW so. So what do you wanna do today?"

Edith felt somewhat startled at my proposal. "Surprise me," she answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment