Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"The Thousand, " said Caroline with arms wide open. "Only will they truly understand because they are prepared to listen, they will help us change the world like never before. They are thinkers, artists, singers, poets, dancers and many more who every night live in the same playground, do you remember Ritual?"

"What about that painting?"

"When she saw it for the first time, even though she´s not an artist like you, was still moved and remembered a friend from a long time ago...it couldn´t have happened if it wasn´t for the Archetype."

"The rabbit, you mean? What does it do, tell me, what does it do? Is it dangerous? Tell me now!" I asked her desperately.

"Why, a rabbit would never hurt anybody. Think, Adrian, think. He´s a trickster, prince with a thousand enemies, he may change shape and size, but he knows no boundaries...he could live forever in a canvas, he´s already inside you..." then she picked at my left side, where I had my tattoo.

"And then what?"

"We all are the Rabbit! Together we can walk through dreams and visions! The paintings are the gateway, like when Alice had the Looking Glass. You don´t believe me? Fine. But this I will tell you...all of your dreams will come true in the order in which you had them. You already saw me..."

Suddenly we weren´t in my studio anymore. Instead, we were in a large dining room where I was on one end of the table and Caroline on the other. A glass of red wine was neatly placed for me, yet I couldn´t really tell what kind it was probably Cabernet Sauvignon; not bad.

"Why are we here?"

"FEED ME, Adrian."

"What is THAT supposed to mean, I don´t have anything on me except for this wine right here and I don´t really think it´s appropiate for a little girl like you unless you were some kind of vampire..are you?"

"This might be a dream, so I don´t need food but I still need to be fed. You did it for the boy in black, so I know you can do it for me."

"Oh...so it´s not the literal meaning, then, I see. So then what if I told you a story before you go to sleep?"

She placed her elbows over the table feeling pleased, "Alright then, what´s it about?"

I couldn´t believe I was doing this.

"There was a boy,
a very strange enchanted boy,
they say he wandered very far, very far,
over land and sea..."

"The greatest thing you´ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return..." continued Caroline. "I know that song."

"You do?"

"It was very new when it came out, but it was said a very wise man wrote it. He renamed himself "eden abhez" and said that the words God and Infinity deserved to be capitalized."

"How do you know all that for a little girl?"

"Because he was born in Brooklyn, of course! Besides, he was a Nature Boy or Naturmensch. I fancied the infinity symbol and decided to give it to the rabbit, isn´t that right, sweetie?"


She stretched her mouth wide open like the jaws of a lion. And to my surprise a black rabbit jumped out of it, the same one I had been painting, the same one she drew on the walls and now it jumped and ran towards me very swiftly as it looked at me with its fiery red eyes....and then it entered me. I can´t remember what happened next.


I was in the kitchen passed out with my wine glass half empty.


"So there you are! You decided to just drink your troubles away instead of telling me what´s wrong with you now, " said Edith.


I rushed to her and hugged her tightly, "Thank God...it was a dream."


"Right, just another dream. You feel very, very..."


"What?"


"I don´t know, but somehow I find you soft and warm, and your eyes...you can come upstairs now."


Was it my dirty imagination or did she just find me more attractive tonight? Damn, I hope I never bump into that dead girl ever again.









No comments:

Post a Comment