Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A BLUE DOG

As we walked downstairs to my studio on that cold December night, Edith grew concerned at my new creation, which was half done.

I stood patient waiting for her to ask me about it.

"Well, what do you think of it?"

"It´s, I think it looks like a dog, a blue dog by the way, " she said.

"Yes, apparently," I brilliantly answered. "But, I need you to tell the meaning behind it."

Edith paused for a moment and laughed cynically. "You are asking ME for an interpretation? I don´t so these sort of things, that´s up to a critic."

"But you do analyze dreams..." I continued feeling wise. "This is a representation of one."

Edith crossed her arms and looked serious, it made her look cuter by the way.

"This is more complex than the other dreams you have talked to me about. Dogs most of the time stand for strong intuition, because they are good sniffers, get it? Blue is the mood, like a spiritual one for example. If you put it all together it might mean that your sixth sense is getting stronger I suppose."

"Not bad."

"But, wait a minute, why are you painting this?"

"Because it´s evidence," I said in a very low, mysterious voice. "The dog arrived at a very exclusive party, I might add."

"As in your upcoming exclusive party with that extravagant girl?". Obviously she was referring to Droogie.

"Yeah, that´s it!"

"Alright, but you better behave, " she said as she got closer to me, "however , women have stronger intuition, it´s a gift, not an accident.Only I know which buttons to push." She began to kiss me on the neck, uh oh...

"Say, um, why don´t we continue this nice conversation in a more suitable place?" I said wrapping her arms around me.

"This IS a suitable place! This is where the magic happens!"

"Damn, woman, you are an fire tonight; it must be the Moon."

"Blame it on the Moon if you want, but..., you feel sort of tense, am I right or am I right?"

"I´m not so sure about that missy, why don´t we have fun figuring it out?"

No comments:

Post a Comment